Expand your account with additional services:
Marion County Bank understands that an overdraft to your checking account can be caused by any number of reasons. A mistake that results in an overdraft does not necessarily reflect your financial habits. That’s why we offer three convenient options to help you avoid unwanted overdrafts:
- Ready Reserve
- Home Equity Line of Credit
- Savings Auto Transfer
Ready Reserve acts as a line of credit that is activated when a presented check, ACH or debit card transaction would overdraw your account. Funds (up to a predetermined limit) are automatically transferred into your checking account in $100 increments to cover the shortfall. Repayment is easy too! Monthly payments of $25 or 2% of the credit line balance, whichever is greater, will be automatically deducted from your checking account. You can also pay down the balance of your Ready Reserve at any time you have the funds to do so. Interest is charged and collected only on your outstanding Ready Reserve line of credit balance.
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
A Home Equity Line of Credit works in a similar way as the Ready Reserve. HELOCs are secured by the equity in your home, so the limits can be larger and the interest rate on the line of credit lower. HELOCs also provide you with additional repayment options. Click here for a HELOC application, complete it and return it to one of our Consumer Loan Officers for their prompt review.
A Savings Auto Transfer is an automated transfer of funds from your savings or other transation account to cover a pending overdraft in your checking account. With a small transfer fee of $3.00, you’ll save yourself the cost of an overdraft. Visit with one of our Customer Service Representatives for details.
Safe Deposit Box
Valuable possessions and important documents are safe when you store them in a Marion County Bank safe deposit box. We have boxes available in a variety of sizes and prices at our Pella and Knoxville offices.
Contents of safe deposit box are not FDIC insured.
Marion County Bank's Telebank - 800-808-8036
Marion County Bank's Telebank is an automated phone system that you can call any time. Telebank can assist with balance and tranfer information of your bank accounts. For those who want more details and capabilities, we suggest you look into our free Digital Banking options. No matter what your technology preference, we've got you covered!
Even in this digital age, paper checks are still needed. Many of Marion County Bank's personal bank accounts offer free checks, some accounts give this benefit for life!
To order or reorder checks:
- Online: CLICK HERE to order checks online through our preferred check provider, Deluxe.
- Phone: Call our Customer Service Department for assistance.
- In Person: Stop by Marion County Bank to order your checks in person.
Please note that the Deluxe website is not compatible with all internet browsers, specifically IE9.
Check costs vary by the type of checks you select, quantity and bank account type.
This convenient service allows you to receive funds directly into your checking or savings account by way of electronic deposit. Direct deposit is commonly used for depositing payroll checks, social security checks or tax refunds into a designated account.
A wire transfer is one of the fastest ways to send or receive money. Domestic and international wire transfer services are available for outgoing and incoming wires for Marion County Bank customers. Contact a Customer Service Representative for information regarding pricing. Click here for a pdf of instructions for sending and receiving wires.
Visa® Gift Cards
Visa® Gift Cards are the perfect gift! Available in amounts from $10-$500, gift cards are a safer alternative to carrying cash and are good anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted; in store and online. Stop in to learn about pricing.
Visa® Gift Cards are not a product of Marion County Bank and are not FDIC insured.
Marion County Bank offers free notary public services to our clients.
Protect Your identity
Safeguard your personal and financial information so that it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
Identity Theft Protection Service
Marion County Bank has partnered with Deluxe to offer Provent Identity Theft Protection to help protect and restore your identity. Provent offers customizable services so you can choose the right protection to balance your budget and risk tolerance from month to month. They also have services available to assist you in restoring your identity after identity theft occurs, whether you had prior identity protection or not.
Learn more about Provent ID Theft Protection
Identity Protection Tips
- Carry only necessary information with you. Leave your Social Security card and unused credit cards in a safe and secure location.
- Do not provide your Social Security number unless absolutely necessary.
- Make photocopies of vital information you carry regularly and store them in a secure place, such as a safe deposit box. Then, if your purse or wallet is lost or stolen, you have contact information and account numbers readily available.
- If you are uncomfortable with a phone call that was not initiated by you, hang up or ask for the purpose of the call. Then contact the company using legitimate sources such as contact phone numbers found on the company's website, your bank statements, and those listed on your ATM, debit or credit card.
- Never provide payment information on a call that you did not initiate.
- Replace paper invoices, statements and checks with electronic versions, if offered by your employer, bank, utility provider or merchant.
- Shred documents containing personal or financial information before discarding. Many fraud and identity theft incidents happen as a result of mail and garbage theft.
- Review your credit report at least once a year to look for suspicious or unknown transactions. You can get a free credit report once a year from each of the three major credit bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Subscribe to a daily credit monitoring service, such as Marion County Bank's provider, Provent Identity Theft Protection.