Have convenience at your fingertips with a Marion County Bank Shazam® Debit Card. Your Shazam® Debit Card may look like a credit card, but it’s not. It’s an electronic card that you can use like an ATM card or like a check to make a cash purchases that are electronically deducted from your account.
A Marion County Bank Debit Card allows you to:
- Make purchases at millions of locations that accept Shazam®, MasterCard® or Cirrus®
- Withdraw money free of charge at Marion County Bank ATMs or withdraw at any ATM around the world wherever you see the Shazam®, MasterCard® Debit Cards or Cirrus® symbols
- Can't make it to an ATM? Many merchants allow you to get cash back while using your debit card to make purchases.
- Free security protection with Falcon Fraud Manager on every Marion County Bank debit card.
- Have peace of mind with zero liability for confirmed fraudulent purchase activity
- Support your favorite local school with our Report Card Debit Card Rewards program
Protecting you from unauthorized use of your debit card is one of our top priorities at Marion County Bank. To mitigate fraud, we have partnered with Shazam, our electronic funds transfer network, to implement a monitoring system called Falcon. Falcon will help safeguard your debit card against fraudulent activity. If suspicious activity is detected on your debit card, you will be contacted by a Shazam fraud specialist calling on our behalf to verify the transaction in question. If you initiated the transaction, there will be no action taken. If you did not initiate the transaction, steps will be taken before more fraudulent transactions can occur.
To ensure that you can be reached promptly if fraudulent activity is suspected, we need to have your current phone numbers and email address. We encourage you to provide both a primary and secondary phone number to help us avoid any delays in response to fraud alerts. These may be your home, work or cell phone numbers. It is also very important to keep this information current. If your contact information changes, please inform us immediately.
The phone call will come from a live person, never a recording. The caller will never ask for personal information such as your social security number, debit card number, PIN, etc. Always use caution when providing your personal and debit card information and contact us immediately if you suspect your debit card has been stolen or compromised.
Many of the fraudulent transactions are done over the internet or internationally. If you will be traveling in the United States or abroad, please contact Marion County Bank and let us know the dates and locations. This will help in recognizing which transactions may be legitimate versus fraudulent.
Marion County Bank values the trust you have placed with us, and we hope this new system will be a benefit to you in protecting your debit card from fraud. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Card Services Department at 641-628-2191.
Marion County Bank ATM locations:
800 Main Street
Central College - Maytag Student Center
Casey's General Store - South
Casey's General Store - Westpoort