Have convenience at your fingertips with a Marion County Bank Shazam® Debit Card. Your Shazam® Debit Card may look like a credit card, but it’s not. It’s an electronic card that you can use like an ATM card or like a check to make a cash purchases that are electronically deducted from your account.
A Marion County Bank Debit Card allows you to:
- Make purchases at millions of locations that accept Shazam®, MasterCard® or Cirrus®
- Withdraw money free of charge at Marion County Bank ATMs or withdraw at any ATM around the world wherever you see the Shazam®, MasterCard® Debit Cards or Cirrus® symbols
- Can't make it to an ATM? Many merchants allow you to get cash back while using your debit card to make purchases.
- Free security protection with Falcon Fraud Manager on every Marion County Bank debit card.
- Have peace of mind with zero liability for confirmed fraudulent purchase activity
- Support your favorite local school with our Report Card Debit Card Rewards program
Debit Card Travel Tips
- Please notifiy us of your domestic and international travel so we can watch your debit card for fraud. Important phone numbers
- Falcon Fraud Manager 1-866-508-2693
- Lost/Stolen Debit Card 1-800-383-8000
- International Travel Tips
- Carry multiple forms of payments
- Purchases with MCB Debit Card will work at MasterCard terminals
- ATM withdrawals with MCB Debit Card will work at Cirrus terminals
- International ATMs require access to checking account, not savings
Falcon Fraud Manager
Protecting you from unauthorized use of your debit card is one of our top priorities at Marion County Bank. To mitigate fraud, we have partnered with Shazam, our electronic funds transfer network, to implement a monitoring system called Falcon. Falcon will help safeguard your debit card against fraudulent activity. If suspicious activity is detected on your debit card, you will be contacted by a Shazam fraud specialist calling on our behalf to verify the transaction in question. If you initiated the transaction, there will be no action taken. If you did not initiate the transaction, steps will be taken before more fraudulent transactions can occur.
To ensure that you can be reached promptly if fraudulent activity is suspected, we need to have your current phone numbers and email address. We encourage you to provide both a primary and secondary phone number to help us avoid any delays in response to fraud alerts. These may be your home, work or cell phone numbers. It is also very important to keep this information current. If your contact information changes, please inform us immediately.
The phone call will come from a live person, never a recording. The caller will never ask for personal information such as your social security number, debit card number, PIN, etc. Always use caution when providing your personal and debit card information and contact us immediately if you suspect your debit card has been stolen or compromised.
Many of the fraudulent transactions are done over the internet or internationally. If you will be traveling in the United States or abroad, please contact Marion County Bank and let us know the dates and locations. This will help in recognizing which transactions may be legitimate versus fraudulent.
Marion County Bank values the trust you have placed with us, and we hope this new system will be a benefit to you in protecting your debit card from fraud. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Card Services Department at 641-628-2191. If you need to return a call from Falcon Fraud Manager, you can call them at 1-866-508-2693.
Marion County Bank ATM Locations
800 Main Street
Central College - Maytag Student Center
Casey's General Store - South
Casey's General Store - Westpoort
SecureCode is a service that helps protect MasterCard card accounts against unauthorized Internet transactions by using identity information established between you and your financial institution. Once you activate the service, your card cannot be used at a participating Internet merchant without authentication. The overall objective of SecureCode is to improve the security of payment transactions in the electronic commerce environment. It is designed to improve your confidence and merchant confidence in Internet purchases, as well as reduce disputes and fraudulent activity related to the use of MasterCard payment cards. You will find SecureCode easy to use. After you enroll in SecureCode, every time you check out using your card for an Internet purchase at a participating merchant, a pop-up window displays requesting that you enter your SecureCode. When you enter your SecureCode, the information is authenticated and then the transaction is submitted to your financial institution for authorization. Keep in mind that your SecureCode is not the same as the PIN you use to withdrawal money at an ATM. You will never be asked for your PIN when making purchases on-line and should never provide your PIN number to anyone.