- Main Street Advisory Group
- About Us
iOS version 5.0 or higher, and any Android device version 2.3 or higher. Your smartphone or mobile device must be equipped with a camera and ability to access the Internet. You may be charged access rates depending on your carrier. Check with your carrier for details on specific fees and charges.
To use Mobile Deposit, you must be a current Marion County Bank customer with a checking or savings account open for at least 30 days. Your loan and deposit accounts must also be in good standing. You must also be enrolled in Internet Banking and eStatements and have a compatible mobile device with Internet access and have the bank’s mobile banking app downloaded to your Apple® or Android™ device.
The first three mobile deposits to a checking account per monthly statement cycle are free. The first nine mobile deposits to a savings account per quarterly statement cycle are free. After these limits are met, mobile deposits are just $.50 each. Mobile data charges may apply. Contact your wireless carrier for details. Marion County Bank also offers remote deposit options for businesses with large volumes of checks. For more information on this, please contact a Customer Service representative at (641) 628-2191.
Mobile Deposit is a feature of our free mobile banking app available for Apple® or Android™ devices. Once you have the free app downloaded to your phone or tablet and are signed up for eStatements, you can contact a Customer Service representative by phone, email or use our convenient online form found here to request the mobile deposit product.
Check deposits made through the Marion County Bank Mobile Banking app are protected according to the highest financial industry standards. Security features include: password protection, internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption. The check images of the deposit do not stay on your phone. Making a deposit with your phone is as safe as using Internet Banking.
Making your first mobile check deposit is fast and easy:
• Log in to the Marion County Bank mobile banking app using your Internet Banking User ID and Password
• Choose "Deposit Checks" from the Menu
• Enter the amount of your check
• Select the account into which you want to deposit the check
• Endorse the back of your check with “For Mobile Deposit” and your signature
• Take pictures of the front and back of your check
• Submit the check for deposit
• You will receive an email notification when the depsit is submitted and again when it is approved by Marion County Bank
That's it! You've sent your deposit through a secure connection to Marion County Bank. You can review your Mobile Deposit and see the images you've submitted by selecting "Deposit Checks" and then "History." You can only deposit one check at a time.
If your deposit was accepted prior to 4:00 PM CST, your deposit will generally be available the next business day following the banking day of deposit according to our Funds Availability Policy which was provided at account opening. You will know that your deposit amount is available when the amount appears in your available balance.
All deposits are subject to review and funds from your deposit may not be available for immediate withdrawal.
All images are reviewed for clarity and completeness. If an error is detected, the service will prompt you to retake the photo. Follow these tips to help ensure a good photo is taken:
• Use an area that is well-lit to prevent shadows
• Place the check on a dark surface
• Keep your hands clear of the check
• Remove objects or other items from view
• Make sure all four corners of the check are visible. Use the guides built into the App to help you line up the picture
• Position the camera directly above the check
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to be rejected:
• Improper endorsement - Check should be endorsed “For Mobile Deposit” and your signature
• Folded or torn corners
• Front image is not legible
• Amounts not matching
• Routing and account numbers are unclear
• Image is too dark
• Checks payable to any person or entity other than the owners of the account
• Altered checks
• Checks payable jointly, unless deposited to a joint account including all payees
• Checks previously converted to a Substitute Check
• Foreign Checks
• Checks not payable in United States currency
• Stale dated checks – 6 months older than date of deposit
• Checks with any other endorsement other than that specified in the Mobile Deposit User Agreement
• Checks that have been previously submitted for deposit remotely or any other method at the Bank or another financial
• Rebate checks, money orders or savings bonds