While preparing to travel this summer, there are a lot of things to consider. One of which is your financial security while you are away. Scams often happen when and where you least expect it. Check out our financial security travel tips as you plan your summer vacation.
1. UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION WITH US – Having current cell phone numbers and email addresses on our system helps us reach you while at home or away if the need arises. Contact us by calling 641-628-2191 to update your contact information.
2. DOWNLOAD THE SHAZAM BOLT$ APP – Use Shazam Bolt$ to receive fast fraud and transaction notifications and for turning your debit card on and off. Download from your app store by searching for Shazam Bolt$.
3. LET US KNOW BEFORE YOU GO – Notifying us before you travel helps us monitor legitimate and fraudulent activity on your debit card. Use this form to inform us of your out-of-state and international travel plans.
4. USE YOUR DEBIT CARD WITH ITS PIN – Using your debit card with a PIN reduces the potential for fraud.
5. ADD THESE IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS TO YOUR CONTACTS – If you need these, you will have the ready.
a. Marion County Bank – 641-628-2191
b. Shazam Falcon Fraud – 1-866-508-2693 (use Falcon Fraud to report debit card fraud)
c. Shazam’s 24/7 Line – 1-800-383-8000 (call to report a lost or stolen debit card at any time)
6. KNOW YOUR LIMITS – For your protection, debit cards have daily purchase and ATM withdrawal limits that can be increased, if needed. Please call our Card Services Department at 641-628-2191 to make a temporary increase.
7. GET CASH BACK AT THE STORE – While making a purchase with your debit card, most stores allow you to select “cash back” at the register. Use this option to avoid potential ATM fees while traveling.
8. TRAVEL WITH MORE THAN ONE FORM OF PAYMENT – Don’t depend on just one card; be prepared with a Marion County Bank credit card and debit card in the event your primary form is lost, stolen or otherwise compromised.
9. COPY THAT – Take a photo or photocopy of important cards in your wallet/purse prior to traveling and store in a safe, accessible location with someone not traveling with you. In the event your wallet/purse is lost or stolen, you will have images of the information you need to call the companies and cancel your cards.