July 31, 2013
Marion County Bank now works with Iowa Student Loan® to offer a supplemental private student loan to help you pay for college.1
The Partnership Advance Education Loan® (Partnership Loan):
- Provides terms and conditions upfront, so you know what you’re getting before you apply.
- Features variable and fixed interest rates.
- Lets you defer payments or make interest-only payments while you attend school.
- Offers benefits such as an interest rate reduction and cosigner release.
- Complete the FAFSA first. The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a free form provided by the U.S. Department of Education that may be completed without professional assistance via paper application or online at www.fafsa.gov. In your award letter from your college, the financial aid office will inform you of your eligibility for federal student loans.
- Work with your college financial aid office. Contact the financial aid professionals at your college or university to explore and exhaust other sources of federal, state and/or institutional financial aid before seeking a private student loan. Accepting a private loan before using other types of available aid may decrease your eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid.
- Marion County Bank has additional loan options available to parents that wish to assist their children in financial assistance also. Home equity loans and lines of credit allow for all-purpose borrowing with convenient rates and terms.
1 Marion County Bank is compensated by Iowa Student Loan for the referral of Partnership Loan customers.
or call him at 641-628-2191 about student loan options.